Lori’s Favorite Valentine’s Day Gift Ideas
I am beyond fortunate to be surrounded by love every single day. At the store, we get to witness love first-hand, and I have been moved to tears over the years by some of the most romantic stories. Given that I’ve made the love business my passion, it should come as no surprise that Valentine’s Day is one of my favorite holidays.
Now I strive every single day to let my loved ones know just how much I care about them, but on Valentine’s Day, I get to take it one step further. Valentine’s Day gifts aren’t just for your soulmate and partner, but for anyone who has captured your heart. I use Valentine’s Day as an opportunity to shower my family with an extra dose of loving, and the warm reception I get in return makes it so worthwhile.
Whether you’re planning on being traditional by sending flowers or chocolates, or you like to go all out on Valentine’s Day with expensive jewelry, dinner reservations at a romantic restaurant, or a surprise romantic getaway, here are some of my gift ideas that will let your loved ones know that you care about them unconditionally:
Gifts for your partner
- Personalized wine labels – You can find the best gifts on Etsy, and these personalized wine labels add a little intimacy to your favorite bottle of vino.
- Bamboo Caddy – Y’all know I love an extra-long soak in the tub after a busy day, and this luxury wood caddy is just the right size for my Kindle, eye mask and a nice glass of wine. Give this gift to pamper your partner this Valentine’s Day!
- Custom Couple portrait – These custom couple portraits are beyond cute and are so timeless! Submit a photo and they’ll create a fabulous custom portrait that you’ll want to frame and hang in your favorite room in the house.
- Birchbox Subscription – I like to give a gift that keeps on giving! These monthly grooming and beauty boxes have such great products, you’ll be hanging around the mailbox each month.
Gifts for your son/daughter
- Travel Scarf – I like my daughter to always feel like I’m wrapping her up in a big hug, and this luxury travel scarf gives her that warm and cozy feeling whenever I’m not near.
- Portable charger –This is such a stereotypical gift from a Mom but with this portable charger, I can always be just a phone call away from my kids.
- Draper James Trinket Tray – I love the Draper James brand and this You Are Loved trinket tray would make such a useful addition to Mollie and Becca’s nightstands. It will also help Mollie keep track of all of her jewelry, especially when my Granddaughters are around playing dress-up!
- The Complete Cooking for Two Cookbook – My kids don’t always want to eat child-friendly fare – although there’s nothing wrong with a couple of nights of fish sticks and French fries – sometimes they want a culinary upgrade especially when they’re spending date night at home. This cookbook has a ton of great recipes that they can make together and enjoy with their favorite bottle of wine.
Gifts for your Grandchildren
- Georgetown Cupcakes – I shower my Granddaughters with love on Valentine’s Day and it always starts with a surprise gift box from Georgetown Cupcakes. This Washington, D.C. based bakery ships nationwide and has an extensive Valentine’s Day menu that is a treat for the entire family!
- Eligible bachelor – Baby Jack is growing like a weed and is getting ready to move up a size. This adorable eligible bachelor outfit from Carters is the perfect gift for him!
- Valentine’s Day crafts – I don’t just give my kids gifts on Valentine’s Day; I make sure I spend some quality time with them too. Each year, I like to craft with my Granddaughters, and we always find something fun and festive to make together. This year, we’re going to either make this adorable heart shaped magnets from Melissa & Doug or this Old-Fashioned Valentine card kit so my girls can spread the love to their friends at school.
- Heart Adult and Kids Apron – I don’t know if y’all like to bake up some sweet treats on Valentine’s Day, but you should protect your clothes with these adorable heart aprons from Williams Sonoma. Available in adult and kids sizes, it will keep you clean while you’re whipping up something rich and chocolatey.
Gifts for your parents
- Backslash Fit Self Rolling Smart Yoga mat – I’m so fortunate that my parents are still really active, and they carve out some time each day to practice yoga. This smart yoga mat is a useful gift for them!
- Glasses and decanter – You can never have too many decanters and glasses and this set from Williams Sonoma has just the right message for Valentine’s Day.
- Sweetheart Sunday Crossword puzzle book – My Mom is a big fan of the New York Times crossword puzzle, so to help with her hobby but still keeping with the Valentine’s Day theme, I’m gifting her Will Shortz’s sweetheart crossword puzzle book.
Gifts for your Pets
- Coat grooming shampoo by Kiehls – I never forget a gift for Chloe on Valentine’s Day and Kiehls has great grooming products for your beloved pooch. Their grooming shampoo will keep your puppy’s coat soft and shiny!
- Valentine’s doggie dozen mini bones – Puppies deserve yummy treats too, and these mini bones from Etsy are Valentine’s Day treat she deserves!
- Rhinestone Harness –Who doesn’t love to spoil their favorite pet on Valentine’s Day? Get her something sparkly and fabulous with this pink cheetah crystal harness from Susan Lanci Designs.
Is there something you’re hoping to get from your beloved this Valentine’s Day? Share with us your gift ideas in the comments!
Until next time,