Lori’s 2021 Holiday Gift Guide
Last holiday season, we were just so lucky to be able to celebrate with our close family and friends, even though it was a much smaller and intimate occasion. It was the first Christmas during the pandemic and I just remember how important my gift list was last year. I wanted to be able to just shower all of my loved ones with my good wishes and holiday hopes even when they couldn’t be with us in person. From far away, I felt that my gifts would just spread some much-needed holiday joy, especially to those of us who were spending the holidays all alone.
This year, as we enter our second pandemic holiday season, I sat down to make my list before Halloween décor hit the market, and I made sure to get a jump on my gift-giving since so many are dealing with supply chain issues. Fortunately, we can celebrate a bit more in person this year, and I am so excited to once again watch as my family and friends open up the gifts that I’ve purchased for them. There is nothing I cherish more than seeing my Grandchildren’s beaming faces where they open their gifts that were chosen with so much love. I’m also so thankful that I’ll be able to celebrate with my children in person this year, especially my son who was battling COVID-19 this time last year.
I know that many of us have had to scale back on gift-giving this year – whether it’s because of financial struggles or because we decided that the personal touch is just more meaningful – so I’ve included some of my favorite DIY gifts for the holidays below.
But here’s a little peek into my Santa sack with a holiday gift guide that I hope you’ll use as inspiration for your loved ones this year!
Mom and Dad
Indie Lee products have been my go-to in skincare ever since I finished treatment for breast cancer, and I haven’t been happier. I love that they use all organic and eco-friendly ingredients, plus my skin looks so clean and youthful. The discovery kit is a travel-size introduction to Indie Lee and a perfect gift for my Mom or as a stocking stuffer for anyone looking to change things up in their daily skin care regimen. For my Dad, whose needs are changing as he continues to age, I decided to buy him a weighted blanket. It’s great for people who have sleeping challenges or suffer from anxiety, and the comfort of this Layla blanket just can’t be beaten. It’s so plush and will give him a great night’s sleep.
I like to get Eddie a gift that helps him maintain his incredible weight loss and keeps him focused on his health journey and his commitment to living a healthy lifestyle. These AllBirds are just so comfortable and give so much support, perfect for the days when he joins me on my walks with Chloe. Since one of the best things about our relationship is that Eddie makes me laugh, I bought him this hilarious gag gift. A big box of nothing – and I can’t wait to hear him laugh when he opens it.
Mollie & Becca
It’s no secret that I love Birdie’s flats, they are the perfect combination of style and comfort in one. So when I saw these disco ball glitter flats from the Starling collection, I simply fell in love! These are just perfect when you want to dance the night away during the holidays while still looking festive and fabulous. While this black cardigan will be their go-to layering piece when they need a little comfort and style after a long day at the office!
Cory & Jason
Did you know that my son-in-law is handy? Right now, he is in the process of renovating a home office and home gym area and I have been in awe of the progress. To help him with these renovations, I got him this small vacuum cleaner that will keep the area clean and tidy as he’s sawing and drilling away. This is a great gift for Cory as well, we all know what those car seats look like after the toddler has had his Cheerios for breakfast on the go! And since my boys are both Southern gentlemen, these mesh cotton crewneck sweaters from Ralph Lauren will keep them warm and stylish all winter long!
Caroline & Charlotte
Does your pre-teen love her cell phone as much as my Caroline does? If so, then you’ll want to check out Urban Outfitters groovy iPhone cases. There is something for every style that she’s bound to love! While you’re there, check out this Polaroid Go Instant Camera, so she can take pictures from your holiday get-togethers and share them with you instantly! Help her display those photos in style with these photo clip string lights. She’ll fall asleep at night looking at her favorite memories! My Charlotte wants to be a YouTube Kids star, and we always want to support their dreams! Help them along with this Karaoke cell phone holder and voice mixer, then sit back and watch those amazing videos!
Friends & Distant Family
Nothing is cozier than a candle during the holidays, and I knew everyone would fall in love with these Nest candles. I bought everyone on my Christmas list a Holiday scented candle from Nest, where the infusion of aromatics like pomegranate, cinnamon, and vanilla, immediately reminds me of home during the holidays.
When it comes to puppy presents, I like to go all out and give Chloe a gift she’ll wear during the entire holiday season. This pink cheetah couture step-in harness with the big bling bow from Susan Lanci Designs is just perfect for our beautiful girl. We can’t wait to gift her with it this Christmas!
- Say Yes to What’s Next – Did you know that my book makes the perfect stocking stuffer? It’s true, and it’s on sale now at only $13.20 plus free shipping for Amazon prime members! The message in this book is perfect for all women, regardless of age, who are looking to just take back their lives and make a change but don’t know how to take that first step.
- Shipt gift certificate – This year, I’m giving the gift of convenience to so many of my family and friends with a Shipt gift certificate. Shipt is so much more than a grocery and supplies delivery service, it is a convenient way to shop from the comforts of your home. This Thanksgiving, I used Shipt to teach Mollie and Becca how to make my Mom’s famous chocolate pie recipe, and Shipt helped us create special memories that will last a lifetime.
- Sarah Young’s Jesus Listens – I love the option of the audiobook on this 365 daily devotion prayer book, which I use every single day. It’s the perfect, and budget-friendly gift, for anyone looking to just connect with Jesus and pray this year. I recommend listening to each day before getting out of bed in the morning.
- Personalize Family Mugs – I love giving custom gifts, it makes the recipient feel like you thought of them during the holidays. These personalized family mugs are so cute and I like that you can capture your family – at this stage of their life – which will be the gift that keeps on giving as we continue to grow and age.
- Christmas Cookies – People seem to dismiss a box of homemade baked goods, but down here in the South, we appreciate the sentiment. Box up your favorite Christmas cookies and include a heartfelt card. Bonus points if you also share your Christmas cookies recipes! I love these melt in your mouth Pecan meltaway cookies that are a holiday delight.
Great tidings of comfort and joy to you and your loved ones this holiday season! Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas from my family to yours. Share with us some of your go-to gifts for the holidays in the comments.
Till Next Time,
Stay in Touch
I’m so glad we got to spend some time together on the site today. Subscribe to my email list and follow me on social media so we can keep up. See you again soon!