#Glamsquad: Lori’s Holiday Look
Sometimes I feel like it takes a village to help get me looking beautiful for the holidays! Most people don’t have a #glamsquad at their disposal, but I decided to sit down with my amazing skin care and makeup artists to get some pro tips to help y’all get glammed and gorgeous for the holidays. With easy to follow beauty tips and some of my favorite product picks, you’ll be looking fresh and fabulous by Christmas. Make sure you read through to the end to find out how you can enter to win some of my favorite beauty products in the first annual Lori Allen Christmas Gift Guide Giveaway!
Skin care – When it comes to having fresh, clean and glowing skin for the holidays, no one prepares you better than my friend and local makeup artist Hanna Dean. Hanna, who has a makeup and skin care studio in Calhoun, Georgia, introduced me to Indie Lee’s line of healthy and conscientious skin care products. If you haven’t checked out my daily skin care routine, visit this blog post for my go-to Indie Lee and Coola products. To prepare your skin for the holidays, Hanna Dean offered up some advice to achieve that youthful glow:
- Moisturize, moisturize, moisturize! – “Applying makeup to dry skin makes you look older so toner and moisturizer are a must. Anytime you use a moisturizer, make sure you massage any excess cream into the top of your hands to keep them looking hydrated.”
- Exfoliate – “It’s very important to have exfoliated and clean skin – Lori uses Indie Lee’s Brightening Cleanser and follows with Indie Lee COQ-10 Toner, that’s what removes any excess dirt and leftover products. Pro tip – we always focus on our face and we need to remember neck, chest and top of our hands. It’s very important as you cleanse and exfoliate that you also include your neck and your chest.”
- Clearing mask – “Indie Lee has an incredible mask that literally changes your pores by making them noticeably smaller. Use the mask earlier in the day or when cooking for your holiday party; you’ll kill two birds with one stone and have beautiful, glowing skin before your guests arrive!”
Indie Lee products also make great Christmas gifts and even stocking stuffers; I plan on gifting my close friends and family the pillow mist from her new sleep collection.
You don’t need to sit in a makeup chair for hours to get glammed up for the holidays! Sometimes, all you need are just a handful of products that will take your look from casual to fabulous. I sat down with Milena Jimenez, another one of my amazing makeup artists who has been in charge of my on-set glam look for the past couple of years, to get the top tricks of the trade behind my holiday makeup.
- “Chanel’s Le Correcteur de Chanel is a staple in Lori’s makeup bag! We use it as part of her everyday makeup routine, and especially when she needs long-lasting coverage. The concealer is great for everything from brightening under eyes, covering dark spots and blemishes, and giving a little bit of highlight when needed. Pro tip – For a fresh and glowy daytime look, start with your favorite tinted moisturizer and add a pop of this concealer under your eyes for a lifting and brightening effect. When you’re looking for a more polished look, use the concealer to add that finishing touch to your foundation, wherever you feel your complexion might need a little more love!”
- Eyes – “I always start off any eyeshadow application with an eyeshadow primer, and Urban Decay Anti-Aging Eyeshadow Primer Potion has been my go-to for years. The anti-aging formula is the perfect base for a flawless super long-lasting eyeshadow application, the formula also smooths away fine lines to helps minimize the look of creepiness. Pro tip – For a fun holiday look try a MAC Velvet textured eyeshadow, or any eyeshadow with a matte base and a tiny bit of glitter. It’s a subtle way to play up your eyes for the holidays without looking overdone!”
- Lashes – “Lori loves lashes and they can give a variety of different looks to the eye, from creating a youthful wide-eyed look to creating the illusion of a more feline elongated eye shape. Ardell lashes are a great addition to your everyday look, or when you’re wanting to add a little extra drama to a party or evening look. Pro tip: If applying an entire strip lash seems daunting, use a trick loved by Marilyn Monroe. After applying mascara as you normally would, simply cut a strip of lashes in half and apply just to the outer half of the eye, it will still give you the effect you are looking for, with much less stress in the process!”
- Lips – “For special events and occasions where Lori needs something with extra staying power, we use Chanel’s Ultra Wear Lip Colour- Le Rouge Duo Ultra Tenue. These lip colors are great for special occasions, because they are a two-step system, made to set and forget! Once you apply the stain (first step) it sets in about 2 minutes, and then does not budge for hours upon hours! Then just add the shiny topcoat(second step) and you’re good to go for hours. There’s no worrying about the color bleeding in fine lines around lips (so no lip liner needed!) or finding its way on to your pearly whites. Pro tip – try out the shade Daring Red for the perfect classic holiday Red or for a budget-friendly alternative, use Revlon Colorstay Overtime Lipcolor”
For holiday makeup inspiration, follow Melina on Instagram.
Hair care – When Monte introduced his 5-product hair care system to the market, I was a true BFF and was the first to try them and I cannot rave enough! Monte is an expert on many things – from Jackie O and bridal couture – to hair care. My hair is so frequently styled that I often use Monte’s moisturizing shampoo and one-step conditioner to really get my hair clean. On night’s when I’m going to be partying well into the morning, I use Monte’s Taming Balm and Ever Hold hair spray. Combined, these two products keep every strand in place without looking stiff, so my hair is soft and has plenty of body and movement.
My Mama taught me that you’re not party ready until you’ve walked through a mist of your favorite perfume. Bluebell by Penhaligon’s of London has been my favorite scent for years, and I have been as loyal a customer as the late Princess Diana. This light floral scent of England’s favorite flower is complex, evoking subtle hints of hyacinth, lily of the valley, jasmine and rose. I absolutely love the fresh and clean scent!
To celebrate the holidays, I’m giving away some of my favorite glam products! Enter to win a gift basket full of my favorite Christmas gifts – including many products mention in this blog post – in my first annual Christmas gift guide giveaway worth up to $750! It’s easy to enter, click this link and fill in your contact details.
Don’t miss out and make sure you tell your friends; my giveaway ends on Christmas Eve so enter today. What’s your favorite glam product for the holidays? Share with us in the comments.
Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas from my family to yours!
Until next time,